Mom is doing better again and I think we are back to "normal." On Friday she had a bad evening where she refused to eat, spit out her pain med even though she was crying out with pain, and pushed a staff person. We will be watching her pain level more closely because I think that was the main problem. My brother went in and stayed with her and she calmed down and ate enough food so she could have her insulin. The staff member that Mom pushed had her fingers in Mom's mouth because she thought she might be choking and had seemed to kind of pass out. When Mom came to there was someone with their fingers in her mouth. I'm just glad it was a push rather than a severe bite which it could have been.
I don't think that the front line workers at nursing homes get enough praise or recognition. Yes, some are better at it than others, but it's still never easy and the rewards fairly fleeting.
So this is me saying thank you and I'll say it again loud and clear next week at the family meeting at her home!
1 comment:
Ruthie, I'm happy your mom is doing better. I agree about the nursing home staff. Some of them are really remarkable people. They really don't have an easy job sometimes. I hope your mother continues to improve.
Post a Comment