"Is that me?"
"Yes Mom."
"Well, I thought maybe it was my sister."
But do you know the miracle?
Most of the time she remembers her grand kids and great grand kids. I think if she could choose who she wanted to recognize it would be them.
A place to be real about Alzheimer's
2 comments:
That really shows how selfless and considerate of others Grandma really is. Even if she can't recognize herself, she will remember others
I hope that this is how my Mom is with my 2 boys. She is not yet at the point where she doesn't remember people, but I fear we are getting close. I hurt for them that they will never know her as I did. But, I will give anything for her to remember them the longest.
Thank you again for sharing you blog, it really does help to not feel so alone in this.
Post a Comment