Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meeting Whiskers






And then there are the moments like tonight that are so exquisitely beautiful and you realize you wouldn't appreciate them half as much if all the hard stuff wasn't happening too.


5 comments:

Lesli said...

I had tears in my eyes just reading the title of your link at Kellys Korner. My grandmother had Alzheimers, I helped take care of her for 18 months after her diangosis. She thought I was her sister... and I miss her so much!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

My beloved Grandmother has Alzheimers. I recently wrote about her here:

http://www.dirtandlace.com/2009/12/so-memories-never-fade.html

It is nice to "meet" someone who is going through a similar process as my family is.

His Doorkeeper said...

Ruthe, What a powerful "in the world of Alzheimers" blog you have! I truly admire how you write the real world of a daughter of a lovely lady who suffers this horrible disease.

My own Mother had terrible dementia before she passed away but I know it is not anything compared to the slow decline of Alzheimers.

Thank you for sharing your story and I know someone will read it and will be helped!
God bless you as you take care of your dear Mother!

Elizabeth said...

I am at the middle stages of Alzheimer’s with my mother, I am 30 and she is 67. All my Dad and I do now is fight because he wants to wait to make changes when they are "necessary", ie something has happened and I want to be more protective.

I read your first post and it is interesting to read a different perspective, I have a lot of anger and resentment because I "lost" my mother due to the personality changes about 3 years ago, right as I had my first child. This disease is AWFUL!

Thank you for sharing your blog!

Jen said...

I too found your blog through Kelly's Korner. My mom had Alzheimers and passed away 2 years ago. It was such an arduous journey and I feel like I lost her much longer than 2 years ago. She did get to meet her 2 grandchildren, and, like your mom, seemed to remember them the longest. Praying for strength for your beautiful mom and your whole family!