Friday, February 19, 2010

Thank you

I want to thank everyone who came over from Kelly's Korner. I struggled to call my blog a ministry but I was hoping that the many of us who have come in to contact with this disease could have a few minutes of not feeling alone.

We all have different stories but the common ground is losing the "real" person we knew and of course still love.

In my first blog entry I had mentioned that it's been easier to get along with my Mom since she's changed. Most of the time we got along really well but we had our "moments." We never talked about the tension and I wish we had. Ten years into this disease I'd give anything to have one of those "moments" because it would mean that I would have my "real" Mom back.

Thank you again for clicking on my blog. Your comments have really ministered to me.

3 comments:

Viki said...

I really liked reading your blog. While my mom doesn't have Alzheimer's, she does have some dementia. When we found in 2008, she just couldn't live in her home anymore alone, we decided to bring her to live with us. It became increasingly difficult. Last year, she had to go to the ER and then for rehab. It eventually turned to her moving to the nursing home part because she was just too much for us to handle anymore and to be able to keep her safe. It was very stressful but she luckily, was able to realize that my home was not for her. She's done really well at the nursing home. I'll keep coming back and reading your blog. Thanks for posting it at Kelley's. My blog started out for family and friends but I've tried to change it up now since mom's been doing so well and write about other things.

Kellie said...

I can sympathize with your walk with Alzheimer's. My mom is 60 and in the late stages of this horribly cruel disease. She still lives with my dad but those days are nearing an end. She only responds to my dad. I try to help but only anger her because I am a stranger in her house.
I am sad for my mom on some days and other days I am angry. I know it is not her choice...nor is it mine.I get angry that my life is consumed with this disease and I am missing big parts of my life trying to make her life better! I feel guilty for thinking this way but ... it's the truth. I am sorry that anyone else has to live with this disease! _Kellie

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your blog and you do have a ministry.....

I have another few free hours to visit new blogs and catch up with friends... One of my favorite past times. Hope you will stop by mine. This is my ONE YEAR Blog Anniversary and there are LOTS of prizes everyday this week and next....I am celebrating the entire month.
Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/